Sunday, March 05, 2006

A LOOOONG Day

Finally things are slowing down. I've been up since 8am... and if you know me then you know thats pretty early for me!

First was church... well we woke up early so we'd get there on time but somehow still managed to be almost 40 minutes late! We had breakfast and showers. By the time it was my turn to shower it was COLD!!!!! I was also extremely weak by then so I ended up having to sit down in the middle of my cold shower. It took me a while to recover. Once at church we tried to put Darcy in the nursery but no such luck... I ended up staying with her the whole time... which wasn't too bad b/c some of my friends were keeping the nursery and I needed to rest. Matthew ended up standing in the back of the service the whole time b/c it was a packed house... strange.

After church we went through the drive thru at Arby's. Then had to go home so matthew could get his stuff together for a day of fishing with my dad and brother inlaw. We ended up at my mom's house around 1pm. The woman went to the baby shower and the guys went fishing.

THE BABY SHOWER..... It was so much fun... i was really surprised at the amount of stuff I got.... truly grateful. We had a blast. My explorer was loaded down to the point you couldn't see out the back window! Matt's parents and grandparents bought the double stroller (BIG BLESSING!). I got 2 cute little bouncies. LOTS OF CLOTHES. Diapers, wipes, bibs, socks, blankets, baby monitors, the bumper pads for the crib, sheets and all kinds of stuff. We opened presents all afternoon (we= me and jessica). It was fun!!!!

After the baby shower we (mom, me, darcy, renee and jessica) stopped by Walmart... mom and renee didn't buy me anything for the shower b/c they wanted to see what I didn't get... i ended up leaving walmart with the blanket for the crib, more clothes (my sister couldn't resist), bottles, a crib mobile/light and more sheets (you can never have enough!).

Finally around 6pm we ended up back at mom's house just in time to cook supper for our hungry husbands and eat... now we're home.

Heather was waiting for us when we got here. she had to leave the shower early to take Michael back. She had stayed up late so she could go through all the baby stuff again... but we only got a tiny bit out of the explorer... we'll have to do the rest tomorrow... everyone's gone to bed now except me. And i'm about to fall over!!!! My feet are swollen and i'm beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH ONE MORE THING...... A very special shout out to Denise THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a blessing! Guys, Denise loaded up a box of clothes as well as other things for the boys... AND she made 2 more of her famous blankets for them as well. I'll post pictures of them asap.

PS Denise... Jessica says "everyone has one but me... tell Denise I want one too!"

okay... goodnight for real!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome. Glad I read your blog and got the package down to your mom in time!

What colors does Jess like - purple??? After TJ goes home and I have some time I'll get to the fabric store.