Wednesday, March 15, 2006

From one extreme to another

Before you read any further I'm giving you fair warning that I'm going to complain! And ANONYMOUS keep your opinion to yourself unless you wanna leave a name!

I woke up this morning around 7am... I couldn't breath. I felt like someone was smoothering me. It was soooooo HOT in the basement. I tried calling upstairs to ask mrs. b to check the thermostat b/c i thought grandmaw had turned on the heat but no one answered. I walked up the stairs and the thermostat said it was 78 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to scream... in fact I might have :) I asked mrs. b if she knew the heat was set on 78... she said she'd woke up in the middle of the night and it was cold so she just turned it on... I'm not sure if she's the one that actually put it on 78 or if that was grandmaw. I turned it down to 70 or 72. I was pretty grumpy. I came back downstairs and called matthew... not sure what i thought he could do but I was really pissed that someone would turn the heat to 78 degrees! He said when he woke up this morning it was cold in the basement so he opened one of the vents (we've been keeping the vents closed b/c they (upstairs) do this crap all the time... one minute the heats on the next the a/c is on.) The vents are in the ceiling and I can't reach em. I ended up opening the basement door and plugging in the fan. I was not a happy camper. Yes, I realize its THEIR house but I think this is more of a common sense thing. I mean if the forecast says its gonna get cold that night then around dusk ease up on the A/C and before you go to bed put the heat on LOW. I just don't get it. I'm also a fan of FANS or opening the windows on days that its not so hot. This back in forth crap doesn't help my sick child! OH and the best part.... about five minutes after I turned the heat down the AC kicked on!!!!!!!! I'm not lying! Matthew said I probably pissed off his mom so now she's gonna play freeze out. I don't doubt it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
native-nc said...

OMG!!!! Why don't you just erase "anonymous'" comment?? Anyways I understand your pain on the back & forth temperatures. The same kind of thing happens here all the time. It's a pain but it will pass.

How did your physical therapy go??? What about darcy bug- any better???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

AHHHH! Don't Erase Them!!! I wanna read them!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
native-nc said...

Ok, maybe erasing them wasn't such a good idea. What did the others say??? I'm so nosy!

dana said...

Me too, I am nosy, and wanted to know what anonymous is saying. who knows people could come back at his/her comments the way they are coming at you!!