Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Big Scare and the Happy ending

I know you all will be as much relieved as we will when we finally have these boys!!!! I've been at Brookwood Hospital most of the day. Let me tell ya the story.... get comfy :)

this morning around 11am or so my vision started doing weird things again. I called my friend Brandi (she's a nurse) and asked her what I should do. She said take my blood pressure. Well thanks to grandmaw we have a digital one here. So I took my BP while on the phone with my friend and it was 70/50. She said... nah that can't be right, try again. So I tried again and it wouldn't read. She said its possible that its too low to read and she made me try again... I did and still it wouldn't read. This time she said call your doctor. I called the answering service and waited for him to call me back. I was really tired during this time and felt a little odd. I made Matthew take his BP and he's was fine! This kinda alarmed the both of us. So after about 15 minutes of laying still I tried again. It was 80/58! A few minutes later the doctor (MY DOCTOR WAS ON CALL THANK GOD!!!) called me back. I fussed at him at first for taking so long to call me back (LOL, its a good thing he loves me) he told me he was sorry but he was in the middle of a circumsizion (sp) and he couldn't leave the boy hanging (LOL). He asked me what was going on and as I begin to tell him I started crying. He tone totally changed and he knew I was upset. He had to come in right away but assured me I and the babies were fine. So off we went to Labor and Delivery. They put me in a gown and begin hooking up all the little monitors that read different things. But they couldn't find Jeremiah's heartbeat. We (my mom has joined us by this time) were a little nervous when the nurse said she was going to get the ultrasound machine to SEE the babies. Seemed like she was gone forever!!!!! I don't think we said a word while she was out of the room. Finally she came back and we saw Jacob's heartbeat... the we saw Jeremiah's heartbeat THEN we saw a third heartbeat!!!!!!!! My mom got a little weak in the knees... Matthew and I were grinning ear to ear. The nurse was a stunned and she called for back up. So one by one other nurses started trickling into our room... all seeing three heartbeats. Finally the 'head' nurse came in and took control. She said lets count heads! So we counted heads and all they saw were 2. She said the reason we saw three heartbeats could be the way the other nurse was looking... like seeing double... I'm not so sure i'm convinced... or maybe i just think it would be even cooler if we had a Joshua too! Wouldn't that be crazy!!!!?!!

okay so in the end all is good. They can't explain why my blood pressure dropped but while I was there it was fine. they kept me for 2 1/2 hours and everything was normal. I have my regular appointment on Monday.

OH... i almost forgot... it looks like both babies ar not longer breeched... they're lying ACROSS my tummy one right on top of the other!!!!! Oh what fun!

3 comments:

Staci said...

Wow- what a day! I would say that was a BIG SCARE. You have less than 2 months to go- that is good. And the 3rd heartbeat, how strange! I will keep you in my prayers, and add you to our Church prayer list. I wish I could be there to take you out or come sit with you or take care of Darcy for you- but I'm too far away- so I will just pray! Hope you have a restful weekend. And a DRY weekend.

~Crystal~ said...

Goodness gracious girl! My heart literally stopped when I read about the 3rd heartbeat! You know I'm praying.

native-nc said...

HOLY COW! Thank God the boys are safe & so are you. A Joshua, huh???