Thursday, February 23, 2006

I have a prayer request

I have a very dear friend that is in the hospital at UAB right now. He has cystic fibrosis. He's 31 years old and has been diagnosed with this disease his entire life. He's had 'close calls' over and over again. Well this morning I got a phone call from his wife, Tara, she said he was supposed to get out today but she had gotten a phone call saying he's had a turn for the worse. They've got him on oxygen right now and they're trying to figure out whats happening. I'm posting this on my xanga b/c I believe in the power of prayer. God has done so much in their lives over the past 4 years. 4 years ago is when they both surrender their lives to Christ. Before that, they were both very involved in the white power movement. God has since then filled their hearts with love for all people. They've gotten very involved with church and just recently took on the role of youth pastors. But before they could preach their first sermon he got sick again. He's been in the hospital for 3weeks. We all know how when things are going good in our lives how satan can come in and start turning things upside down... BUT we also know how God can come in and clean house. Please pray for this couple. They also have a 9 year old son.

It's Rocky, Tara and Blaine Gillespie.

I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the prayers.

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

Thanks for letting us know. I will be praying.