Friday, February 10, 2006

The rain came down

This morning after Jessica left for school I was laying in bed and heard a weird noise. I was half awake and didn't bother getting up to check it out. But after several minutes I couldn't stand it so I got up only to find the pipes in the ceiling leaking water all over our little apartment. It looked like it was raining. I tried to think quickly but fell short. After standing there with my hands held out catching the 'rain' I decided to grab the trash can from the bathroom. I ran upstairs and woke up Mrs. B (not sure what I thought she could do). About the time she jumped out of bed Mr B called. I answered the phone and was trying to explain to him what was going on. He's asking me a zillion questions about what pipe is leaking and I'm thinking... I DUNNO I'M NOT A PLUMBER!!! At this time I decide (yes i'm a little slow in the mornings) to bang on the bathroom door to tell grandmaw to turn off the water... does she turn off the water???? HECK NO... wait i take that back... only long enough to hear me say the water is leaking into the basement then she continued her shower!!!!!! The water finally stops pouring and Darcy has woken up b/c of all the comotion (normally darcy sleeps until 10am). I finally got darcy to sleep (about 30 minutes or so later). THEN!!!!!! Then the front door opens and I hear Mr. B come in. Now I'm thinking you really didn't have to come home right away b/c the water stopped pouring when she turned it off but oh well. I turned off the lights down here so if he opened the door he'd think we were asleep (which I was trying to get there and Darcy was asleep). But do you think that stopped him??? Nah, he whispers (which sounds more like a strained normal voice... in other words not soft) "Nicole, Nicole?" I said "yes" and he said "can I come down?" bout that time Darcy wakes up screaming and he closes the door. After getting her back to sleep I call him and tell him he can come down now if he's quiet :) He comes down only to tell me he knows what caused it. Grandmaw cannot stand in the shower or sit in the tub so she has one of those portable seat thingys... well she was sitting in the shower with the shower head pointed out!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! So apparently the floor was leaking but not the pipe... go figure. And what makes it worse... she knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I think you guys need to be a Reality Show!!!

Anonymous said...

That story was awesome!! Love all the details! I agree with Vickie.....Jerry Springer may have openings ;) G'ma would be perfect!! LOL

~Crystal~ said...

A Reality Show sounds good! You know I would watch it. :)

Staci said...

These stories are classic. Yes I agree- Reality TV all the way.