Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Annoying!

Most annoying and over asked questions for a pregnant woman...

Okay so I'm gonna list the most annoying and over asked questions (or comments) I get asked.... here they are:

Are you ready to have those babies? Nah, i think I want to hold em in for a little while longer!

Are you feeling okay? (I get asked this question everytime I walk upstairs and see grandmaw) Why Yes! I'm feeling peachy!

Are you going into labor? (I get asked this question everytime I walk upstairs out of breath by mrs. b) YES! right here in the middle of the kitchen CATCH!

Glad its you rather than me. Well with that attitude, me too!

How are you going to handle 3 small children? With the help of my wonderful husband!

Are you comfortable? WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!

What are you going to do? When? Can you be more specific?

Have you had those babies yet? Yeah, this is just water weight.

How many kids do you have? the twins will make four (this is usually followed by a gasp and then a rude comment... how old are you? and then... Are you going to have more?)

I could go on and on but I'll quit while i'm ahead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have an atty who just came back today from maternity leave. Sheis just a few offices down the hall from me and the questions I hear people asking her annoy me!!! And these are other WOMEN who have kids asking her these things:
Are you Happy to be back at work?
Was it hard leaving your son this morning?
Do you miss your baby while you are at work?
Will you be glad to see him when you go home?

Seriously people? If you don't have anything constructive to say - don't say anything! It's better than saying something stupid.

Anonymous said...

People are just trying to make conversation and show there concern! You've probably asked those questions at some point in your life to a pregnant woman....don't read into it! They aren't being ugly, so don't let it bother you.

Nicole said...

Okay anonymous... I didn't say they are being ugly when they make those comments... i just said the questions are annoying and I get asked them all the time (some by the same people almost daily!). Some of them I do think are rude. If I wanna have 10 children who are they to tell me 4 is enough! And considering I started my baby making process at 15... i don't think i've asked too many of those questions. The "Are you feeling okay?" question mainly gets on my nerves b/c its by the same person every time i walk into the room!!! If it were just a friend checking on me to see how i'm feeling... I'm actually very grateful they asked and care.

And you now have successfully annoyed me! HAPPY NOW!

Nicole said...

HECK maybe i read too much into your comment!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha...I was cracking up reading the post and then I click to leave a comment and get even more laughs!! Were ya having a "hormonal" moment? I love the one you realize maybe you read into!! I just wanted to check...Are you feeling ok :)

By the way...speaking of "catch" do you or Matt "catch" the babies?