Saturday, January 10, 2009

When Ima walkin

Sorry its part of a song. Violet Femmes.... I used to love them and I'd probably still would if I ever got to listen to stuff other than kid tunes.

Its been a big week. We've had a funeral... visited with out of town family... went sipin and strokin... started school... homecoming for Jessica and now its Saturday!!! Its probably the first Saturday in a long time where we didn't have somewhere to be. Matthew's at his grandmother's house (the gm that just lost her hubby of 49 years). He's doing some work there... I think she's not feeling so safe staying alone now... completely understandable. I can't imagine loosing my partner after so many years. In fact its makes me sad to think of when the time comes where one of us will die. We've joked about driving off a bridge together when we're old but I'm not so sure I wouldn't consider it. I love my husband and I can't imagine being without him. I remember after Matthew's other grandfather died severel years back... his grandmother told me that she sometimes she'd sleep on his side of the bed just to feel closer. How sad is that!?

Moving on... cause I'll start crying if I don't!

One of my books came in but I'm still missing the 2 main ones! I did, however, google the two stories I'm supposed to read for my English class. I found one of them on a digital library and was able to read the entire story. The other one I just found a breakdown of the story. I read other people's interpertation on both of them and it helped make sense of the story. I thought I was cheating but after asking I was told that that was actually a very smart thing to do to prepare myself.... the comment made me feel smart :)

Well I'd better get back to my laundry. Its been neglected for WEEKS! Yes, I admit... WEEKS! We've only been washing what we needed! How pathetic for a stay at home mom!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I want to see a picture of Jessica's deer!!!!