Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Overwhelmed PART 2

I got a 49 out of 50 on my last English assignment!! Yea ME! I forgot to put coma in my sentence. I'm not really sure where those guys go :) tee hee I forgot all those rules years ago!!!! And the bad thing is this english class isn't going to teach me.. its only short stories! BLAH! So no help with writing papers or anything!!! thats the part I really need!!

Now moving on to psychology. In between classes I was talking with another guy from my class (he's just a little older than myself). We were both saying how overwhelmed we were by the amount of stuff he's telling us to learn. We got in our classroom before most people so I took the opportunity to voice my concerns with my teacher. He told me that after the last class he was looking back and realized that he'd given us a bunch of information and he felt like he was overloading us. He said that he was going to cut back... way back on the information we needed to learn. He said we'd slow down too. He's used to teaching a 3 hour class once a week rather than teaching an One hour and 15 minutes 2x a week. So once class started he apologized to the class for overloading us. He then told them he was cutting back. I think everyone was feeling the same way. After the announcement everyone seemed a little more relaxed and we seemed to have more discussions rather than craming everything into our heads.

I know he was already going to say something to everyone but it made me feel good for letting him know how I felt. The entire time I was sharing my concerns he was agreeing with me and smiling. At the end he said he was really sorry for putting unnecessary stress on me. I really like this guy. He seems really down to earth.

1 comment:

Eric said...

It never hurts to speak up. Some people are nice about it, others are rude to you, but at least they know how you feel. I am glad that you are more at ease!!!