Monday, January 05, 2009

misunderstanding

So... I was told by a good friend that when it was time to get books for school that I'd go to the bookstore and that it would be billed to my financial aid money... or something like that. WRONG!!! I have to buy the books myself and get reimbursed! So today I spent a good part of the day searching for the best buy online and I found them!!! I spent under $100 on 3 books... S&H included. One the books (used) was going to cost me that much alone from the bookstore.

I've also gone back and forth today on rather or not I want to add speech to my load this time around. I'm still pretty undecided. I know the next few semisters will be harder for me b/c I'll be taking maths and sciences and those are not my best subjects. I'm just trying to get as much done as possible. I'll probably be graduating the same time Jessica graduates from highschool. I just don't know if I have enough confidence enough to be doing speeches. The whole college thing is a little intimidating to me. I'm sorry you guys are hearing about this all the time but its the most exciting thing in my life at the time and I'm looking for everyone's input (and at times approval). Thanks again for all the support!!

6 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Quite apologizing for talking about school. It's your blog, talk about what interests you. That's what I do, I don't care if people are sick of what I post. Ha!

On to school, I think since it's your first semester take it slow & ease yourself into this whole new way of life.

~Crystal~ said...

And that is supposed to say QUIT.

Jen said...

I would take it easy my first time around..... while for some people speech is easy it depends on the teacher. There are many kinds of speeches and while I had to do one of each there was a good bit of reading, book work and tests that went along with it. Lots of people in my class failed because they thought it was going to be really easy. While it was not really hard there was a good amount of work and time that went into it..... it was easier than my cal. class... I am sorry, I should have told you that they cost WAY more in the bookstore. Just wait till you have professors who write their own book and the only place you can get it is the bookstore. I had a $150 biology book, I didn't get the book and still managed to pass with a B. Oh, I agree with Crystal, its your blog write what you want. Its not like you are holding a gun to someone's head to read it....

Vickie said...

I LOVE reading about your school adventures. I am so EXCITED for you and a little envious as well!!

You can do it.

Jamie said...

Okay, I just got done reading your blog. I know you like comments, but I got to make my rounds and catch up on mine!

If you do decide to do the speech class, I will help you with outlining and practicing. This is what I'm teaching to homeschoolers.

native-nc said...

Are you kidding? You will totally do fine on the speech class whenever you decide to do it!!!!

Maybe next semester won't be as intimidating since you'll have a feel of things.