Friday, January 09, 2009

School

I was very anxious and couldn't wait for Matthew to get here so I could leave. I met a guy while walking in the building. He was 35 and was going to school for the first time too. His wife is in school at another college. He was really nice. He's not in my class. He's taking Math 090, which I'll be taking soon. He said he'd give me his book. Nice.

I got to class about 15 minutes early. My first class was English 101. I sat there for a little bit without saying anything to anyone. I was waiting for my friend Zac to show up... should have known he wouldn't have been early! He finally got there and I felt much better. Then the teacher walked in. She's nice but old... very old... like might need a hip replacement soon! HA! She was very nice. I kept making eye contact and smiling. She just went over the class basically and then let us go about 20 minutes early.

So then I had about 30 minutes to wait till the next class. I chatted with some girls in the foyer and then made my way to my Psy 200 class. The room was full!! I was about 5 mins early but everyone was already in there. There were people sitting in the floor!! I joined them :) I quickly made friends with 2 other ladies that were in their 30's. One of them was actually the mom of one of Jessica's friends from school. Neat. She was going into Nursing too! Most of the girls I talked to were going into Nursing. Okay so the teacher... he's waaay cool. I think I'll really like his class a lot. I've been hearing mixed things about this class but after hearing him talk last night I just can't imagine not liking his class and hopefully pulling off an A!! Class ended a few minutes early.

On my way out I chatted with another guy I knew from Jessica's school. He's already graduated highschool. He helps coach the JV boys basketball team. I was really excited to actually know people there. It helped a lot. But I could tell that I wasn't the only one nervous. Both classes had several older people.

Now here's the part you can pray about.... My books!! LOL I haven't gotten them yet. I ordered them online earlier this week but they haven't gotten here yet. I really need them b/c I have reading assignments in both classes!!! LOL

Oh one more thing.... In my English class I have to keep a journal and write all my thoughts down from my reading assignments. I like that idea. My husband does that when he reads. I always laugh at him but now it looks like I'll be joining him.

Well thats all folks! I'm a college student!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good first day! Always nice to know people - makes it easier. I LOVED my Psy classes. My worst class was geology where they made us EAT DIRT on a field trip - not kidding! Go Nicole!!!

native-nc said...

Yeah! I knew you would enjoy it! Now that the first day is over you've got lots to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you, way to go!

Jamie said...

Go Nicole!

Jen said...

Yay I am glad you liked it!