Friday, January 23, 2009

Awkward Moment

Yesterday I had to go to the Shelby campus to pick up my pell grant money. There was a really long line and of course I chatted with the people around me. There was a girl behind me that was probably around the same age as me. We'd been chatting about school and then she asked me if I was married. I said yes and then she asked how long I'd been married and if my husband was supportive of me going to school. I answered. She asked if I had kids and I told her about my kids. Then out of obligation I asked her all the same questions she'd asked me. When she said she had been married for 11 years I congratulated her. She scoffed and said something along the lines of yea whatever my husband is a jerk and said her hubby wasn't supportive of her going to school and doesn't help out with the kids. I really didn't know what to say at that point. I mean what do you say? I just said I'm sorry. awkward for sure!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Not much you could say. She probably just needed to tell someone. Just shows you how blessed you are with your husband and kids!

Anonymous said...

Not much you can say other than sorry or that's a shame. But, yes, certainly awkward!