Monday, January 12, 2009

just a few tidbits

I put the boys in their rooms for nap time. A few minutes later I hear a loud thud and then a scream. I rushed up there and Jeremiah was oozing blood from his face!!! Lots of blood. At first I couldn't tell what was bleeding but after getting him to the bathroom and wiping him down I could see that he had bitten his lip. I'm pretty sure he fell and bit a chunk in it. I washed him up and help a cold wash rag on his lip. I was suprised that he let me but he did... It must have felt good. It bleed for a long time but finally I was able to put him back in his room.

Next... we have field mice! I can't remember if I posted a few weeks back about one running through the kitchen. We weren't able to catch it. But now we can hear them (not sure if its one or many) trying to get in. One day I heard something scratching down the hall. I asked Matthew what the sound was and he said the cat but I pointed out that the cat was asleep on the chair! Turned out to be a mouse peeking its nose through a crack between the floor and the baseboard!!! A few days later I heard the same sound but this time it was coming for a different place... same thing!!! And as I type this out I can hear it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT!

2 comments:

native-nc said...

We get 'field mice' all the time. And since our ceiling is only black plastic it sounds like the circus is in town.

Every month I have to clean up mouse droppings. It's gross but I'm thankful for a home....guess I just have to deal!

Amanda said...

we have them too. i have recently started finding droppings in my daughters bed!! I can't have that!! I called Cook's and they came out yesterday and set up a trap under the house and put bait boxes in the house. it's $100 for the initial set up and then $35 a month after that. well worth it to me. the bait boxes in the house are locked with a special key so my daughter cannot get in them and get hurt on the poison. finding that in her bed freaked me out but then, the salesman came out with his black light and my cabinets are full of urine spots. on my dishes, appliances and everything. they told me to expect results in about 2 weeks, so my cabinets will be emptied at that point and everything washed and bleached!!!