Saturday, January 05, 2008

Why Lord!?!

I'm really not blaming the Lord for the things going on but rather laughing at the fact that He seems to think I can handle it! LOL

I told you already about my speeding ticket... well I haven't called yet to see how much its going to cost. My court date is Feb 8th (i think) so it has to be paid before then. I actually have 2 people 'working' on it for me... meaning they know someone that might can 'fix it' for me. We'll see.

Our oven has been giving us trouble since we moved in over a year ago. Its digital and it doesn't like to stay on. You can hear it click when its going to work but most of the time it takes 20 plus trys before it clicks. We haven't gotten it to come on in three days :( The front big eye hasn't been getting hot quickly so I think its time for a new oven/stove. Again... we'll see.

Yesterday I was about to get in the shower when I looked outside my window and noticed water on the ground. It hadn't rained!!!!! Turns out the water pipe in my barn/garage busted. There was water rushing out of the barn. Water was flooding my yard and rushing into the street. Why nobody stopped to tell me is beyond frustrating. In the midst of trying to get into the barn the spring on the garage door broke and it fell on me!!! Its a wooden door!!!! The thing was soooo freakin heavy to lift! Water was pouring out of the wall in the bathroom in the barn. I was up to my ankles in water!!!!! I saw a city truck driving down the street so I ran to the rode to stop him. He came in and turned off the water at the main thingy. I was standing there crying and was completely freaked out at the thought of what this was going to cost to fix. I asked the guy if this was my end or theirs and he very tackfully (yeah right) said "No hun, this is your problem and your gonna have a HUGE water bill this month." I wanted to take a shovel to his head but instead I just cried harder and he left.

So after all that my hubby and his dad were able to fix it. But I didn't have my water back until almost 7ish. I tried to cook super but realized I needed water for almost everything. Then I remembered I had a box of pizza rolls. Well guess what... THE OVEN WOULDN'T COME ON!!! I bout cried again. Back up... I forgot to mention the part where I was taking a shower so I could get ready for work! I ended up calling in. They understood and were very sympathetic. I ended up having to call them for a delivery! LOL

Hubby worked today and I'm about to run to the store. Hope all is well with my faithful silent readers :)

5 comments:

native-nc said...

Im..thinking...you..should...be...stripping...that...copper...right..about..now.

psMy..spacebar..is..broken.

dana said...

I know what you mean about when it rains it pours.... in the last year we have replaced the washer, dryer and now fridge. I would say check craigslist, sometimes you hit a jackpot.... God really helped us out this last time with our fridge.

Jamie said...

With your water bill... you are allowed an adjustment on your bill once a year for this sort of thing. Call them and ask. About the stove, call me.

Staci said...

I was going to say the same thing about the waterbill that Jamie said... as far as the stove goes... don't you have a microwave? my mom can cook about anything in a mircowave or toaster oven! Just a thought to get you by until you can get the oven fixed or get a new one at a yard sale. Try Craigslist too....
Love you-
A Silent Reader
LOL

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your call!! We borrowed a keyboard from the church until we the money to buy a new one that works fully with our Mac. I miss my shortcuts! Anyways, I'll try you tommorrow!