Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thank you Jesus for our snow!

I woke up this morning around 4 something for my routine potty trip. I peaked out the bathroom window hoping to find snow but it was only raining!! I was mad. Matthew woke up around 7:30 and I asked him to look again. I really wasn't expecting him to tell me "Its snowing like crazy!" I jumped out of bed and begin getting dressed. We both decided to get dressed before we woke up the little ones... good plan! We took pictures of us waking up Darcy (sorry you'll have to scroll all the way down b/c I posted my pictures backwards). She was sooo excited. Finally about an hour later everyone was dressed HA! We headed outside but didn't get very far out the door before Darcy dropped down and began making snow angels!!!!!! We played outside for a long time. Jeremiah liked it more than Jacob. Jacob went inside early.

At one point when we were outside Darcy turned to me and said "thank you mommy for my snow!" I said "Don't thank me thank Jesus, he made it." She turned her little face up towards the sky and said "Thank you Jesus for my snow!" How sweet!

There were times when the snow was coming down heavy and I was thrilled. I'm such a big kid!!!

We went inside for lunch and when we returned with dry clothes the snow had fallen so much that our earlier tracks were covered! It snowed continuely until 1:30pm!!!

Right now Darcy is taking a bubble bath. Jeremiah is still asleep. Jacob is getting into whatever he can find. Jessica is at her nana's (they came around noon to get her). Matthew is reading. I'm blogging! Potatoe soup is cooking and my folks are on their way!

Happy Snow Day everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go ahead...rub it in...yall deserve it!