Thursday, January 17, 2008

a blessing in the thorn

So now that the end is in sight I can stop with all the whinning... and i'm sure you guys are ready for me to stop.

The funny thing is... I ask Matthew every week if there's a chance for overtime. So I guess when God answered my prayers for overtime I should have been thankful. Instead I didn't see it as God answering my prayer. I have not been a happy camper this week. But today it hit me. Why not THANK God for the almost 20 hours of overtime!!!!!! Instead of cursing the company I should be happy they can afford it and that they're busy instead of laying folks off like the other electrical company down the road!!!!

AND THEN... tonight I was going over his paystub (it comes in the mail on thursdays) and I was trying to see how much gross he actually had before uncle sam took his share. I noticed the hourly rate had gone up!!!!!!! He got a $1.25 RAISE!!! PTL!!!!! Matthew had no idea either. How awesome is that and what better timing to have it now with all this overtime!!!

No comments: