Monday, January 14, 2008

12 HOUR DAYS

My poor hubby... he just called to tell me that he's working 12 hour days this week. For the last 2 weeks he's worked 10 hour days 7 days a week and now this. I think its awful to make those guys work so many hours... its dangerous!!! They've been overworked!!! What makes it worse is the job site is a little over an hour away from us. He gets up at 3:30am to be at work 6am. He'll be getting off at 6pm... driving all the way home... eat, shower and sleep. This is crazy!!!! I told him that if he needed to rent a hotel room for the week it was fine by me. I checked around but its not really in the best part of town... The first place I called said they rented the rooms every 12 hours... 12 hours... what?

Needless to say I had to take myself off the schedule at Little Italy's for the week... they were very understanding about it.

Jessica has 3 games this week... I'll probably miss every one of them. I've only been able to go to 2 games all season.

On a positive note... maybe with all this overtime we'll be able to save up for a family vacation.

2 comments:

Eric said...

It sounds like the motel that rents the rooms every 12 hours is...yup...one of "those" motels. (pick someone up, do your thing, and then leave) NASTY!!!

Eric said...

If he stays at that motel, tell him DO NOT ANSWER THE DOOR!!! HA!