Thursday, October 09, 2008

Thanksgiving Favorites

My mom asked me last night what all we would like to eat while we're in the mountains for Thanksgiving. My mind went crazy. I've recently started working out and I don't want to gain weight during the holidays but I'm pretty sure its unavoidable. I love turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato pie, mac n cheese. I could go on and on. We're going to be gone from Tuesday evening and coming back Sunday. We try and cook simple inexpensive meals for the rest of the time we're there.

What are your favorites during the holidays?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know I'm all about the mac n cheese...but my new favorite tradition is the FRIED TURKEY!!! I'll have one at every turkey day till I croak!!

Anonymous said...

I can;t stand it when mom doe snot make a turkey. Thanksgiving to me is turkey, dressing, potatoes and brussel sprouts. I have to have brussel sprouts! I make homemade applesauce that I bring to Thanksgiving dinner and also orange-cranberry sauce. Mom can't seem to to the holiday without some form of jello on the table.

Staci said...

Ham. That is my fav. and anything else that Linda (My amazing MIL) puts on the table.