Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Look Back

A year ago today I wrote this...

***Jessica's speech
Jessica is writing a speech on who she admires and why. Guess who she chose? Matthew. Isn't that sweet?!?! Last night on the way home from her game she was practicing and it almost made me cry but that wouldn't have been cool so I held back. She's starting her speech by describing the moment he gave her a ring during our wedding and what he said to her. She made a few points about how he has been the only daddy to her. She told a few stories too. One of the stories she's telling is how when she was really sick while we were still dating he decided he'd stay home with her b/c i had started a new job and couldn't take off. She described how they played board games like Candy Land, trouble, sorry and connect four all day and he never got tired of playing with her even when she cheated. Its going to be a great speech... I just wish I could video it or something but that would make her really nervous. She's got a little choked up while she was giving it. sweet kid. ***

I am so grateful for my husband. He's wonderful and his kids adore him! I'm even more grateful for the awesome relationship him and Jessica have with each other. I couldn't have asked for a better soul mate!

No comments: