Tuesday, October 28, 2008

BURRRRRR

OMG! Can you believe how cold it is outside today? At some point last night my hubby turned on the heat... it smelled! This morning I didn't even want to move b/c it was soooo cold. I did my water class at the gym and the hot tub was out of service... BURRRR! After the kids went down for a nap I decided I was going to take one too. It was too cold to do anything else!!!

I know all you yankees are laughing at us southern girls complaining about the weather but I'm not used to it getting so cold so quickly!

Darcy went to the doctor yesterday. She has a upper respitory infection. She got a new inhaler and some other meds. The nurse called this morning and said the doctor wanted to see her again in 2 weeks. She seemed to sleep much better last night with the inhaler meds.

I'm back to work at the pizza place. Last week was my first week back. I've kept it to 2 nights a week. Its close to Christmas and I want to make sure we can buy everyone something nice.

Jessica has a basketball tournament Friday night and Saturday... yes on Halloween! We're going to skip the game to take the little ones trick or treating. I'm letting Darcy wear one of her dress up gowns and I'm going to dress the boys as cowboys. I was going to get them a dinosaur costume but I waited too late. We'll have soup and invite his folks over. My parents have other plans.

This past weekend Matthew and his Dad worked on the house some more. They ran into a little problem with some major rotten wood but got it fixed! I'm hoping we'll have it finished soon... at least the front so I can take a picture. There's just a small section on the back to do.

Well thats all from me. Gotta get ready for work!

4 comments:

native-nc said...

Zeke has the upper respitory thing too. FIve meds in all including the dreaded steroids! He is getting much better. Hope Darcy is feeling at her best soon!

IT was 35 degrees here last night & only got in the 50's today and the wind was blowing like crazy so it felt even cooler!

dana said...

lol, I was going to leave a comment about the cold, but you already covered us yankees so I will stay quiet. : )

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was kind of smiling when you said you were cold. It was 34 yesterday morning and the train was delayed 30 minutes due to track problems. So .... 30 min waiting out in the cold. If I could have heard the announcement at the station I would have just gone back to my car and driven in. I could see the train light way far away - but had no way of knowing it was not moving!!! Today it is 46.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.