Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The things they say...

This post is not meant to offend anyone... hopefully everyone can see the humor in it!


So yesterday I took Darcy with me to CVS. I was standing in line to get her prescription filled. There was a lady in front of me with her son. The son and Darcy were talking about the things they wanted that were in sight. The lady and I are talking about how kids always want something when you take them somewhere. It was a pretty normal conversation.... UNTIL Darcy says

Darcy: Some people are brown. Some people are peach.

Me: Yes thats right.

Darcy: I'm peach. That lady is brown and that little boy is brown.

At this point the lady turns around... I don't think she was offended... I'm pretty sure she was laughing on the inside at me trying to handle the conversation.

Me: (((trying not to laugh and feeling way uncomfortable)))) Yes, Darcy. Thanks for pointing out the obvious!

The lady can definitely hear everything being said but she keeps her back to me.

Darcy: ((looks at me with this confused look on her face))) Why is that brown lady's feet peach?

Me: Okay Darcy you've officially embarrased me. Thanks! (((and I pushed my cart down another isle)))

1 comment:

Eric said...

That is hilarious. Things to start looking forward to!!!