Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pray

I'm pissed.
Pissed doesn't even really explain how I'm feeling right now.
Jessica's dad, if you would call him that, well actually it was his wife that first mentioned it... but anyways they promised to take Jessica to Six Flaggs for her birthday weekend. What happened was... last week Jessica went to her Nana's and his wife came by to drop her kids off. She told Jessica that they wanted to take her to Six Flaggs for her birthday. Well that was last week and on Sunday I called Nana b/c we had not heard from them and Jessica REFUSED to call him. I called her and asked her if she knew anything. She said she'd have her dad call her. Well on Tuesday he called to tell her that he was making the reservations but he'd call her the next day to let her know for sure. We haven't heard from him since Tuesday. She WILL NOT call him or Nana to ask about it and she's pretty pissed off herself. He's definitely known for making promises but not following through on them.

here's where the pray part comes..... please pray for Jessica. She's turning 13 and she's got a lot of anger towards her dad. She's hurt and with every right. I don't want her to sit around on her b'day weekend and be bitter towards him. Please pray that either he'd come through... which I this point I don't know that it would help... or that we could do something just as fun. Pray for my baby... she's hurting.

2 comments:

Eric said...

That is tough. I will say a prayer! Also, give me his name and number and I will report him to the "Dead-beat Dad" society!!! In my book, this qualifies!!!

~Crystal~ said...

Bless her heart. He has no clue the way he is helping shape her. People don't get that the way they do or don't do things can effect a kid for the rest of their life. Praying girl.