Thursday, July 10, 2008

How do you do that?????

I have a good bit of people contact me lately about how I shop at CVS for so cheap and how do I find coupons. I am still learning this process but I'll tell you what I know. And feel free to add helpful hints!!

I get a good bit of my coupons through Coupon Bar. Its on my internet explorer and it shows me when there's new coupons to print. I also go to my local gas station on Sunday morning and pick up a newspaper. Or if you have a dollar store near I've been told they sale the Sunday paper for ... A DOLLAR! It takes me about an hour to cut my coupons and organize them in my binder. It may take you less if you don't have 3 little ones trying to "help" you :)

My binder... well its a three ring notebook that I stole from Jessica. I bought baseball card protectors from walmart. Each page holds 9 coupons. I sort my coupons out in different catagories... ie... kitchen stuff (zip lock bags, paper products, dish soap), health (vitamins, headache stuff, stomach stuff). Get the picture? I don't have any yet but many of my friends have dividers in their coupon binder. There's a bizillion different ways you can organize your binder.

I also visit a few websites often that offer helpful ideas. The Centsible Sawyer and I Heart CVS. Those sites also list other sites to visit for help.

The Centsible Sawyer list the different deals for LOTS of different grocery stores.... some I've never heard of! She also list freebies. I've signed up for lots of different freebies and some I've already received. For example I joined Boca Java Coffee club and got 4 bags of free coffee and 0nly paid $7 in shipping. I canceled my membership after I received my coffee and now I'm not obligated to buy anything else. I love this site!!!!!!

I heart CVS is where I learned about CVS. She has a link on the top of her website thats CVS for newbies where she gives step by step details on what you need to do. She also has a link at the top of her page for printable coupons. There's also a section to the right of her site that has acronyms and abbreviations... aka the secret lingo... so you can understand what she means when she says crt's and whatever else. This site seems to have the insight at times. For example she has the sales ads for the upcoming weeks on her website so you can see whats coming up and plan accordingly with your coupons.

Some people my say they don't have time but to me thats a lousy excuse. I don't have time for a lot of things but when it comes to helping my family out then there's time! I've saved us hundreds of dollars just in the few months that I've been using coupons and shopping at CVS. I'm buying diapers for next to nothing for my boys.... not just cheap diapers either. I used to add water to my shampoo to make it last longer... I have 6 or more bottles of shampoo in my closet that I've paid pennies for. Its worth it!

If you have any questions just leave a comment... someone will have an answer. And if you try CVS let me know!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

That is a AWESOME post Nicole!

This is very good information folks. Now take it and use it!

Thanks Nicole.

Jamie said...

I'm proud of all of us for making the effort to save our family a TON of money. My receipts say I've saved $1500 and spent $28! How awesome is that?