Friday, July 07, 2006

Gobble Gobble

I am in the middle of baking my first turkey and it may be my last!!! I wanted Turkey so I bought one.... but I had no idea how to cook it. I called my mother (she knows everything about cooking). She said to season it and rub it down with butter. I thought 'okay that sounds simple!' Boy was I wrong. First, as soon as I unwrapped it it started leaking its bodily fluids all over the place!!! BARF! Then I had to stick my hand in its butt (?) and pull out the junk that some genius shoved in it! As I started rubbing it down I started gagging... I'm not a fan of anything on a bone and this thing still had its rib cage!!!!! It was slimy and nasty. I covered it in foil - THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT IT ANYMORE - I'm waiting until 3 before I put it in the oven. I'm not so sure I'm gonna eat now.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I feel that same way!!! I don't like anything on a bone. I don't have any prob. with red meat with bone but something about eating something that still has it's shape- GAG!! Also, I'm not sure that was it's butt you had your hand up in :) YUM!!

Vickie said...

The next time you have a hankerin' for some turkey, buy a turkey breast, through it in the crock-pot witha stick of butter and salt. NO water!! and let her cook till she starts falling apart. So delicious. No bone. No fuss!

Anonymous said...

Oh my - I hope it was a small, small turkey or it ended up a midnight snack!! I know my mom used to get a small bird and used to start it at 7 am to eat by 3! I have not dared to try cooking one on my own. How did it turn out?