Tuesday, June 13, 2006

House Hunting

Yesterday we looked at 2 houses. One was a foreclosed property that was a mess! As soon as we opened the front door the smell made me gag! I can't imagine living in that crap. The carpet was ruinied from pets... not just a stain here or there but the whole carpet was a nasty orangish brownish color... there was a big square in the middle of the room of gray carpet... wonder where they had their rug LOL! Every fan in the house had a thick layer of BLACK dust mixed in with hair on the blades. The house has been empty since April... thats only 2 months ago. I wonder if these people had kids... if so someone needed to call DHR on them. I'm serious folks this house smelt worse than the zoo! There's mold in the basement bedroom which can make you really sick! When they moved out they took the stove.... how ghetto! Every door in the house had a whole punched in it. But the crazy part is... we're interested!!!! Its in a really nice neighborhood so if we can buy it for waaaay cheaper than its listed then we can fix it up (like that show flip this house - love it) and it would be great. We're gonna go back and look at it with my dad and brother in law so we can make a list of things that needs to be done and get a ball park figure on how much it would cost us to do it.

The funny part is... the other house we went to see just down the street was priced $3,000 LESS and it was in perfect move in condition... the only thing is the rooms were smaller.

Please be praying that we can work something out. We really need to get into a house so we can function like a family should.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm not a fixer upper so I would grab the ready to move in and MOVE in. Smaller rooms and all.

~Crystal~ said...

I want to flip a house so bad. I always see the possibilities in places, so I would choose the stinky house too. BUT with 4 little ones, I would probably go for the ready to move in one.

prftpeace said...

I would worry about the sub flooring....if the smell is embedded there it will NEVER come out! You will always smell it no matter what you do to the house.

If the carpet is badly pet stained you can bet the sub flooring is too.