Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Things that Grandmaw does that makes me laugh

Okay... for those of you who don't know... grandmaw (mr. b's mom) lives with us too. Whenever you ask her what she needs from the grocery store its always something low fat or sugar free... and if you bring something home thats not then she huffs and puffs. One time I bought her some chicken pot pies so that she would have something to eat for lunch. She said she couldn't eat them b/c they were high in cholesterol. Well I've noticed her eating habits... and let me tell ya... I don't know if she thinks the sugar free jello balances out the chocolate chip cookies or what but she eats like a PIG! Seriously... just about every time I walk upstairs she's eating junk food but she tries to hide it when you walk into the room. Just now I went upstairs to eat lunch and she's scooping out a bowl of ice cream!!!! LOL

Oh... last weekend we made some cookies to eat while watching a movie... grandmaw would sneak into the kitchen... shove a cookie into her mouth and come out with one in her hand and act like thats all she got!!! She didn't know I could see around the corner :)

gotta love the old lady... she's 83 years old but man she burps like a teenage boy!!!!!!!! While eating dinner at the table she probably burps after every other bite... one of those nasty burps too! Its so gross... I wonder how we're going to teach Darcy and her brothers manners if Grandmaw is letting them fly at the table!

Oh... and for some reason Grandmaw got the impression I was sick over the weekend... so everytime Matthew would go upstairs she'd ask him if I was feeling better.

And don't say anything if you don't want Grandmaw to hear it or comment about it. Man alive! We can be in one room and her in the other and she can hear what we're talking about... she'll come strolling in there and get all up in the conversation. She likes to state the obvious. One time... we were at the table (matthew was working late) and I was telling Mr. B that Matthew had gotten shocked at work today... Mrs. b said how'd he do that... and Grandmaw in this real matter of fact way says "WELL, I reckon he got ahold of some electrical wires!" It cracked me up!!! It made Mrs. B mad but I thought it was funny b/c Mrs. B treats grandmaw like crap 99% of the time.

Okay... well its time to pick up Jessica from school... hoped you enjoyed my stories :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

New to your blog.

Are you saying that all these people live in *your* house? Wow. How did you end up with all these people living in your house? It's got to be tough to have so many personalities under one roof. Maybe this is why the AC is on when it is so cold? If it is your house, why don't you set some boundaries...like touch the thermostat and die, I would. You're a better person than I.

Nicole said...

sorry... this isn't my house... my house is down the street with a for sale sign in the yard :( My husband and I are expecting child number 3 & 4 in april. So we moved into my inlaws basement hoping to sale our house, pay off some debt and buy a bigger house. I have to choose my battles wisely with the inlaws... i'm learning this concept... its not easy especially since i'm a pretty verbal person... but i'm grateful for the opportunity we have in being here.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful in-laws you have to take you in for a bit of time. Sounds like they already had others living with them.

Remember, as you choose your battles carefully that they are probably feeling some of the same.

For instance, if it is their home then I guess the only option is to add a few blankets to the bed if the AC is turned on. It's better than having no home at all to live in.

BTW - you do know that blogs are public forums? Right? I mean - they could read the comments that you've written and some of your comments could lead to some hurt feelings. Maybe they aren't very computer literate?

Congrats on the upcoming birth of 3 and 4...twins! That's very exciting.

Hope your home sells quickly! I'm sure you are looking forward to getting a new place before your new darlings arrive.

Anonymous said...

I came back to see if I could delete my comments...as I realized that really I don't know you and they may be offensive. Sorry - if they are. I've actually said a quick prayer or two for you as I read your blog and all the streses you are dealing with. I hope my comments didn't add to your stress. You are very wise to choose the battles carefully.

I got sucked into your blog by the darling pictures of your little girl with the Christmas tree...but maybe you don't want strangers to read your blog, I notice most who post seem to know you...so I'll quit posting. BUT I'm sure to check back from time to time and see when those twins arrive.

Rae (formerly one of the anonymous')

Jamie said...

Grandma sounds pretty darn funny to me!

Anonymous said...

indeed - for every bit of junk food you eat - it gets cancelled out by low fat, non-fat or no cholesterol stuff. That's the rule!!! :)