Friday, September 26, 2008

Update and more prayers needed

I went... I did okay. I bombed on the math part. I have to take the LOWEST math available! LOL Math 090. Which I okay with b/c math has always been my hardest subject but now that I'm older and wiser I feel like I can actually learn it. I scored in the 80's on my reading and writing... very impressed with myself. I'll start in January. I'm still waiting to hear about the financial aid.

Thanks for the prayers but now I need more prayers... not for me but for a little boy in Darcy's class.

His name is Chanaan (pronounced Canaan). He's actually Darcy's "boyfriend" and his family is pretty close with ours. His grandfather is our Pastor. Anyways... Yesterday he was running a really high fever... 105. They took him to Children's. His white blood cells (?) count was in the 1700's and they did all sorts of test but they can't find whats causing it. They let him go around midnight and told him to follow up with his pediatrician. This morning the pediatrician sent him back to Children's b/c he's gotten worse. He's on IV's b/c he's dehydrated. Please pray for this little boy. His parents are Todd and Christa (she's my 31 purse lady). I'll update when I know something different.

4 comments:

native-nc said...

We will be praying for Darcy's boyfriend-and his parents as well.

I knew you'd do fine on the test.

Jen said...

Poor baby we will be praying! Don't feel bad about the math! I went to UAB right out of school, and math was never my strong point either,and I started in 98 or 95, can't remember. But I ended up making it through finite math... and their math is super hard because of the medical school. It was so bad that people were leaving for semesters to go to Jeff State to take math and then come back. So if I can do it you most definately can!!!!!!!!

Staci said...

Way to go!

Vickie said...

Maybe Jessica can help you with your Math homework!