Thursday, September 25, 2008

random things

I just watched the 102 minutes that was about 9/11. I was glued to the TV and I held my breath most of the time. It was hard to watch and hard to hear others as they were going through it live.

I'm still working out at the gym. I started on 9/4. I'm very proud of myself for sticking with it. Tomorrow is my weight in. Nothing special its just that I started weighting myself on Friday mornings and I'm trying to be consistent. Its just me and the scales.

Matthew's still working weird hours. I try not to complain b/c I know this overtime money will come in handy... esp since christmas is sooooo close! Darcy's b'day is in November too.

Tonight I'm getting my hair cut... first time in several months! I forgot that tonight was Survivor but I'm going to TVO it. I watched several episodes of Jon & Kate plus 8 last night... speaking of those guys... they're going to be at the Southern Women Show... I'm hoping to go but I'm not sure who I can drag off with me. My mom hates that sort of stuff. I aslo love going to the Christmas Village. Oh I love this time of year!!!!

We're taking the kids to the fair Saturday night... I'm looking forward to a funnel cake! LOL I remember going to the fair as a child. I also remember witnessing someone being stabbed within just a few feet from me. I wasn't sure what was going on at that time but quickly realized. I think I was anywhere between 8 and 10. My Aunt Bev and Uncle took me that year. It was my last year to ever go.

***maybe i should clear this fair business up***
the fair I went to as a kid was downtown... in the bad section. the one i'm taking my kids too is the county fair... good ole country folk!

4 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

It's still the state fair, they moved it to the "country" because it had gotten so bad at the fair grounds.

Nicole said...

nope... i'm going to the chilton county fair... not Oat Mtn.

its waaay cheaper!

~Crystal~ said...

Ohhhhh...Gotcha! I didn't realize they were having one now. I know it's 8 bucks to get into the state fair. I told D & he was shocked it cost that much. Plus $5 to park, then no telling what everything will cost inside. Chilton county would be fun & FULL of rednecks. You gotta take pics!

Jen said...

We went to the Shelby Co one a few years ago.... there were alot of drunk, toothless old men.... but I like you didn't care because I share your love for funnel cake!!!!! It is definately as good as Dr. Pepper!!!!!!!