Sunday, September 14, 2008

Coach Nicole

My daughters Volleyball coach had a death in her family so she asked me to help her husband coach at the girls tournament yesterday. I was thrilled at first but then on the way to the tournament I got nervous... really nervous. But I called Super Coach Jamie and she calmed my nerves.

The girls played really well. They won their first 2 games (first they've won all season!). Then against Jen's team they won 1 and lost 1. They were actually 1st in their pool. Due to a slight miscalculation the girls played a game too early. They were suppose to advance to the semifinals but someone figured the points wrong and we played the round before that and lost. But didn't lose bad. We left after that. Now I wish we would have stayed.... Jessica was voted All Tournament and got a trophy.

All Tournament = all the coaches get to list up to 10 players they think played well throughout the tournament. She was voted one of those!!! She doesn't know she was voted All Tournament yet... she spent the night with a friend afterwards.

The girls were really excited about how well they did yesterday. I don't know how much 'coaching' I did but I encouraged a lot. I can't wait to tell our real Coach how well they did.


PS. The littles ones are all sicky... green snot and all!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah!! Go Jessica! I bet you did a great job. A lot of my coaching style is like my parenting style... discipline, encourage, correct, and show them how to do it the right way! Balance it all with a little love.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to jessica. That's great!

Jen said...

Just Jessica..