Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm NOT

going crazy
leaving on a jet plane
2 lbs lighter... well i might be
the winner of the publisher clearing house (although my dad is a sucker for that)
going to represent aliens for a experiment
pregnant
I have enrolled in Jeff State Community College and my plans are to enroll into their nursing school. I'm a little nervous about this new chapter in my life but I know I can do it. I don't have a lot of support from my folks but a lot of other people have given me words of encouragment. I know its going to be tough... tough on my kids and my hubby but its worth it. We're going to be making sacrifices now so that later we can live a little easier. 2 incomes is always better than one. I've always been interested in nursing but didn't have a lot of faith in myself. I've done a lot of things lately that I never would have thought I could do.... going to the gym for 2 weeks straight is one of them! LOL
I've been accepted. I'm waiting to hear back from their financial office to see exactly how much they're going to help me out. I have to go and take their placement test soon. I will start in January. Wish me luck! Its going to take me longer than what the course is set up to be but thats okay. I have to pace myself so I don't get overwhelmed or burnt out. I plan on taking classes at the Jeff State Clanton campus. I'll do night and weekend classes.
Matthew and I would love to have more kids. Its something we both feel strongly about but when you start thinking of all the things babies/toddlers/teenages need we know that we cannot provide all that is needed. Maybe after nursing school... who knows. By then my boys will be ready to start kindergarten and I may have outgrown my need to have 7 children (seven seriously) but we'll see.
Thanks for playing along with my silly game. It was fun to read everyone's answers.

8 comments:

Eric said...

School was my next guess...Okay, it wasn't. Congrats though!!! It is great they have a campus close by you. Nurse today...Doctor tomorrow!!!

Jamie said...

Good for you! Let me know how classes go!

Staci said...

I would have not guessed school. I didn't know you wanted to go! But way to go Nicole! I've registered for school 2x in my lifetime and never made (due to money) and that is one of my lifelong goals is to have my degree. Maybe it will happen one day!

Vickie said...

I am very PROUD for you Nicole! That has always been my dream, to be a nurse. Don't let this slip through your fingers if this is your passion. It was mine and I didn't see it thru. If my legs could do the leg work I would go to nursing school right now but I know they can't. So........YOU GO GIRL!!!

~Crystal~ said...

Alright...You got me! I'm shocked! I would have never have guessed this. I didn't realize there was a Clanton campus. Did that help in your decision?
Way to go!

native-nc said...

I"m totally with you! (Want to go to school & have more kids, although maybe not seven.) I know that you can do it! Keep us posted with the details.

Gretchen said...

Congrats. I'm hoping to go back next semester too.

Jen said...

I have it. I thought it would be easier for us to meet somewhere than for you to drive back to Alabaster. Email me at jenbsnyder@yahoo.com