Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Rant

So before Jessica left for the cruise I talked to her grandparents about TWO important things...

1. Don't buy Jessica a bikini. She's not allowed to wear them.
I bought Jessica a bathing suit before she left. I approve what my child can and cannot wear. I have several reasons for being this way. You don't know what weirdo's are getting off by looking at your kids! I'd just rather her wear something that covers her. PERIOD!
Well last night I was washing her clothes and I found a.... BIKINI... not even a TANK kini (which she is allowed to wear upon my approval) but a real TINY bikini!!!!!!!! I asked her about it and she said her aunt had given it to her (not bought just passed down). I asked Jessica if she wore it and she said one day. I made her throw it away. She didn't seem to mind. But I was furious that this happened!!!!

2nd thing. I asked them (and talked to Jessica as well) not let Jessica go off by herself. Not b/c I don't trust Jessica but b/c too many things have happened lately in the news and I didn't want to be the next momma in the news. Well Jessica went to 'camps' at night for her age group - which is fine. But after these camps she was hanging out with friends WITHOUT an adult! And her grandfather made a point to tell me after the cruise that they 'let her do what she wanted and she didn't have a curfew' again... I was furious. I simply said to him... well thats exactly what I asked you not to do but its too late! He really pissed me off! It was like he was just saying it to let me know he didn't care what I had asked him not to do!!!!!

I swear... what is up with people knowingly going against what parents have set in place for their child!!!!!!!! Well it will be a cold day in HELL before she goes off with them again and I'll let them know exactly why too!

4 comments:

Eric said...

You have a right to RANT!!! You might need to knock someone in the head!

Vickie said...

I just wouldn't allow them to take her off again like that either.

~Crystal~ said...

Sounds to me like they want to be the "Cool" side of the family. You continue to stand your ground.

native-nc said...

Pretty sure I'd be LIVID!!!!!