Thursday, March 06, 2008

He works it out

An old family friend passed away yesterday. He was my neighbor growing up. He had cancer (i'm pretty sure it was cancer). He was 64. His wife is taking it pretty hard. He'd been sick for a long time but she wasn't prepared to let go.

Originally we thought the funeral was going to be either Friday or possibly Saturday. I knew if it was Friday I wasn't going to be able to go. I'd gotten a babysitter but then work was going to interfer. I really want to be there.

I just got a phone call with the service times. Its Friday night. I'm scheduled to work at the pizza place but I felt like I could get out of it. I did. My manager was very understanding.

God worked it out so I could be there. Big or small He's in the middle of it. Give Him credit.

Please say a prayer for this family who just lost their husband, dad and grandfather.

No comments: