Wednesday, September 26, 2007

UPDATE ON CODY

UPDATE ON CODY
Here's the email i just sent out to everyone... sorry but i'm too tired to type it all out here again so i just copied it.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT PRAYED, CALLED, VISITED AND EMAILED US TODAY!!!

This is what I know... Cody has blood in his spinal fluid. The blood is aggravating his brain and causing the seizures. The doctor has done a zillion test on the poor baby and will have the results in the morning. But the doctor has said that his condition will take care of itself with antibiotics. The blood will be absorbed and the seizures will go away on his own and there will be no lasting effects. He will have to stay in the NICU for a few days to be monitored.

Here's what happened... As early as the day he was born, my sister and tony thought something wasn't right. Cody was having seizures but the nurses were saying he was shivering or he was dreaming or whatever... but today while they were discharging them he had one and the nurse wittnessed it. They put him in NICU and started the test.

B/c they had already been discharged the insurance company didn't want to allow my sister to stay another night but after several hours of back and forth between the hospital and the insurance people the hospital decided to let her stay until the morning. My sister has been walking waaaay too much today and hasn't eaten. When I left she was in a lot of pain and was extremely tired. Please pray for her, Tony, Zac and Cody. They need peace and rest. The last I heard they had not and wasn't telling Zac (my nephew thats 9) anything until tomorrow.

I'll update everyone tomorrow when I hear something different.

Don't stop praying!
Nicole

No comments: