Monday, September 17, 2007

Here is goes...

I'm a little frustrated right now.... okay so more than a little. Here's why...

Our anniversary was last week (Thursday). Someone offered us FREE tickets to the comedy club but we had to pass them up b/c we couldn't find a babysitter. On Sunday Matthew and I wanted to spend the day together but again.... we couldn't find a babysitter. Next Saturday Jessica has another volleyball tournament (this will be the third Saturday in a row). The tournament is in Selma and Matthew wants to go too BUT we can't find a babysitter!!!!

In all of the above events we asked my mom but she had some excuse everytime. She's supposed to be 'thinking' about babysitting this Saturday. One of the reasons why she doesn't want to is b/c we want her to come to our house. Here's why...

My parents have NOTHING at their house for my kids. No highchair no crib/playpen - nothing! They put them in the den and slide the couch in front of the stairs so they can't escape.

At our house they've got everything they need. Its child proofed. There's high chairs and a place for them to take a nap!!! Its just a lot easier on my kids to stay home! Now at the Brocks its a different story... they have a big room blocked off just for them. They've got highchairs and TWO playpens so they can take a nap. But my parents have made no effort to have anything like that at their house. So can you blame me for asking them to come to my house???

The Brocks were out of town last week visiting Michael and Heather. If they were here they would have babysat. This weekend Mr. B bought tickets to the Auburn game for Mrs. B for their anniversary... or else they'd volunteer. I just get so tired of my mom always giving me a zillion reasons of why she can't babysit. I don't ask them often and they NEVER ask us to bring them over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you mail them out here?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to pack up my mom & Dante (ok, maybe just mom) and ship them out. Mom has been complaining for the longest time she wants to be a grandma. She babysits for one of the teachers kids form the school she volunteers at all the time - and they don't pay her. She just wants to be around little kids. PLus - it will give me a break from home fix-it projects she keeps coming up with for me to do for her!