Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Life in my shoes

I know I'm long overdue for a post... sorry.

Last Saturday night matthew, jessica and myself camped out in the backyard. We even made a camp fire! Darcy spent the night with his parents and the boys slept in their cribs... don't worry we used our baby monitors to listen out for the boys. I came in sometime around 12:30am. My back was hurting... and I wanted my bed!

Monday we grilled out with our families. We had invited more folks over but had to uninvite them b/c our little ones were getting icky. In fact, I'm using up some medicine I had left over. I hope it works. Jeremiah seems to be the worst. I think its some sort of cold. Poor Matthew has it too! I felt crummy for a few days but I'm waaay over it.

Friday I leave for Florence. Jessica has a volleyball tournament Friday and Saturday. Matthew is taking off work Friday to stay with the kids - AND NO ITS NOT BABYSITTING WHEN ITS YOUR OWN KIDS!!!!

Saturday morning Matthew has to retake his journeyman's test. This will be the third and FINAL time. The first time he took it was when he first got out of night school... he missed it by 3 points. The next time he took it was right after we had Darcy... he didn't put a lot of time into studying. This time around he's been pretty consistent in studying. I am 100% confident he'll pass. hope so anyways

working from home has slowed down a little bit... my boss was in Israel for 10 days. But in the meantime I've been selling stuff on ebay... and buying too :)

Well the boys are finished with their breakfast...

oh wait... Jacob has been really bad about taking off his diaper lately. Well last night while I was at Jessica's game Matthew left the boys in their room to play while he studied. He walked to the top of the stairs every now and then to get a glimpse of their little heads but that was about it. About an hour and half later he decided it was time for dinner so he went upstairs to round em up. As he entered their room he said the smell hit him. Jacob had taken off his diaper, pooped and then he and Jeremiah played in it!!!! He said it was all over them, their toys, walls and everything thing else they could get their little poopy hands on. He said it was way worse than the time Darcy did it (which I still have nightmares of that incident). He said it took him TWO HOURS to clean everything up. When I came home there was a few toys on the front porch that he wanted to get my opinion on... they were trashed. My MIL has been telling me to use duct tape but I didn't want it to come to that... but matthew, the genius that he is, put pants on him and he couldn't take off his diaper. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT??? LOL

One more thing... he said before he'd put pants on him that he'd keep taking his diaper off so matthew would pop him on the leg and tell him no.... well this morning when I walked into their room Jacob kept telling me "no" while shaking his head... too cute!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

My brother and sister-in-law have the same problem with Tyler (he is 20 months). They put underwear on over his diaper to prevent that from happening! :)