Tuesday, October 10, 2006

List Maker

I'm a list maker. I make a list for everything. I make a grocery list, a menu, a list of movies I wanna watch, a list of things I would like to buy with extra money and of course a list of things to do... I could probably name a few more silly list but I'll spare you.

Yesterday I made 3 list... one for me, one for matthew and one for jessica. They're list of things we really need to get done. Some of the things on my list are...

wash all the bedsheets (I normally do the kids weekly but ours goes weeks!)
SCRUB all the bathrooms
organize and clean the computer/craft room
organize my closet
organize the boys closet
get garage sale stuff ready

i'm sure i'm forgetting some stuff... most of these things can be accomplished in a days time but with 3 little ones its hard to do anything other than take care of them!

Matthew's list was more manly things like....

hang up all the stuff I want hung up (he won't let me hang things b/c i don't do it right - lol)
fix the ice maker (although he did that one last night!!!)
take back the broken weedeater!
hang Darcy's curtains and shelves
organize the garage
put together the other high chair

He does a lot of stuff around the house and his list is ever growing but I made him one just so he knows what I would like him to do ;)

Jessica got off pretty easy

organize closets
go through clothes and shoes
clean out desk drawers

So do you make list? Do you like to see things get checked off? I know i do!!! It helps me feel productive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup - grocery list. Shopping list. List of things I want to replace in the apartment. List of things that need to be in order when company is coming over. Lists of fav websites, list of places I want to go. And at work I have list after list of things for every case and atty!

~Crystal~ said...

You know I'm a lister...This yr I made a few on my computer too. One for our goals for the year. One for things we need to buy. Things we want to buy.

Joel and Kristen Temple said...

I am definitely a list person. I always make grocery lists and things to do list, but I hardly ever take them with me shopping or look at them again. I guess I just think writing it all out will help me remember.

Anonymous said...

I make a list every monday- for my week... I have seperate categories, like CHURCH, HOME, PERSONAL, MONEY, OTHER, FAMILY. I make one list and carry it with me everywhere that week, and then the next week, I go back into the computer and deleate what was accomplished and add new things, print it off and start again. WOrks for me!