Tuesday, October 17, 2006

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Yesterday I was in the shower (sorry for the visual) but I had this horrible feeling come over me... like my husband wasn't going to come home. Does that ever happen to you??? When Satan gets you all worked up about something and you can't shake it? Well my mind went in all sorts of directions. I started thinking about What If my husband was in an accident and wasn't able to speak... how would they know who to call? Well of course Matthew made it home safe and sound but the question was still lingering (sp). So I called Matthew Staggs... he's a Police Officer for North Birmingham. I asked him how they'd know who to call and he said.... #1. They look in the person's cell phone. SOOOOOO It's wise to put your's husband's/wife's/mom's/dad's/home number listed just as that husband/wife/mom/dad/home! the second thing he told me they do is to run the ID so they can find a home address and they send a car out. Well I suggested and he agreed that maybe we could put a RED (i say red b/c it would catch their eye) piece of paper behind our driver's license that says "incase of emergency contact ________."

I hope this information might help someone out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Up here in Chicago our fire dept suggests we list our emergency contact on our cell phones under the name 911 instead of their name or "wife, mom..." . That is what they look for up here. Just another suggestion.

Vickie said...

I have Danny's cell number listed in my cell phone under ICE (In Case of Emergency). I saw this on television one day and immediately did that.

Vickie said...

I have his name in parenthesis beside ICE!!