Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Please Pray for my STUBBORN father!

Last week he woke up in the middle of the night with chest pains. He told my mom to take him to the hospital but before she could get them both dressed he'd decided he was okay and just needed to lay back down.

The next day he went for several test. He was there for 6 hours!!!! He went back yesterday for more test. This morning the doctor called him and said he needed to schedule an arteriorgram and put stints in TOMORROW. BUT my dad said he was too busy to do it tomorrow but he could do it next week! So he's having it done next wednesday at St. Vincents.

Now my mom is really upset... last week was the anniversary of the death of her mom. She had a heartattack during her arteriorgram and died.

I remember it very well. I was days away from turning 15. She had went to the hospital for chest pains. I had gone down with my parents to see her and she looked fine. She was talking and carrying on just like always. I remember giving her a kiss and telling her we'd see her the next day. I was really excited b/c she lived in Montgomery but was coming to stay with us for a while after she got out of the hospital.

The next day I was at colorguard camp and my uncle pete came into the gym. I knew something wasn't right. He took me outside and thats where my dad was waiting for me. We went to Montgomery to be with my mom. I remember thinking all the way there that I'd just seen her and she was fine how could she be dead!?

This time is always really hard on all of us and even more so now with this news about my dad. Please pray for us. I'll keep you posted.

My dad's name is George.

3 comments:

native-nc said...

We will be praying for your family! I tried to call but we keep missing one another. Love you!

Eric said...

Keeping you in our prayers!!!

Jamie said...

I will pray. Somebody knock him unconscious and drag him in.