Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Check ups & Shoes

Today we took the boys for their 2 year check ups... yeah we're a little late. We also took Darcy so the doctor could check her ear again.

The boys check out fine. They got shots... not fun! Darcy still has an ear infection but she's only been on her medicine for 2 days.

Afterwards we took them all for new shoes! My boys are wearing a size 8.5W and 9W's. Some other lady in there made a comment about that being big... I don't know if thats big or not. Darcy is a 9.5! Of course I got home and Jessica announced that she needs new shoes too! Now that kids foot is growing FAST! She wears an 8 already! She hasn't worn tennis shoes all summer but today at volleyball practice she noticed they were a size too small!

Tomorrow night is Darcy's orientation. I'm excited, nervous and sad all at the same time. My baby is growing up!

The doctor suggested I put the boys in a mother's day out program (or something similar) to get them socializing more. We're considering joining the YMCA b/c they have a daycare while you work out. Maybe I can kill 3 birds with one stone. 1. Get them around other kids 2. Give me a break 3. Loose weight!!!!!

Well its bedtime. We're going to start trying to go to bed at 9pm. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I know the feeling... it seems like everyone needs something at the same time!

Eric said...

I'm wishing you luck to get into bed by 9pm. I wish I could get into bed by 9pm

Staci said...

Chloe is wearing the 6/7 size crocs that you gave her. She only wears crocs. I have no clue what her REAL size would be. She does NOT like shoes. I think the boys being an 8 will be normal for their size in height and weight. I think joining the Y would be great! I love it and my kids LOVE going to the daycare there! Its 2 hours free childcare (well not totally free, you pay a montly fee for the y membership)
I think its a great idea!!! Once you go you will LOVE going!