Friday, January 26, 2007

What an eventful day

Let me just tell you about a day in the life of Nicole...

Woke up at 6:25 to take Jessica to school. First had to change diapers, crank the car (it was iced over), make bottles, refill sippy cup. Loaded up everyone. Scrapped the windows with my CVS bonus card and drove off. Getting to school always takes longer b/c I'm with the flow of traffic. Drop of Jessica at 7:40 head home. Get off our exit and Darcy throws up. She hasn't gotten car sick in a long time. But she threw up BIG TIME. I couldn't pull over b/c I wouldn't be able to take her out of her seat and it would only make things worse. I just kept talking to her. We only live about 4.5 minutes off the interstate. The car begin to stink. I drove up in the driveway, unloaded the babies and as I was walking towards the door I noticed it was WIDE OPEN! Jessica was the last one out and she was carrying Darcy. I never checked to see if she'd close the door. I walked inside and looked around just to be safe. The house was freezing... it was 28 degrees outside! I went back to the car to unload Darcy. She was covered in chunks of throw up - soured milk. This is where I might be offering too much information but its kinda funny.... if you know me than you know i have a week stomach for smells. Well as I'm trying to get her out of her car seat I started gagging... well since I've had 4 kids gagging = peeing... so here I am about to throw up trying to get her out of the seat and the whole time I'm peeing on myself! LOL yes I just shared this on the WORLD WIDE WEB!! I finally get us inside and we both ended up in the bath tub. I had to leave the boys strapped in their carseats watching Barney so we could clean up.

Okay so that was just this morning all before 8:30am. The rest of the day was pretty normal. I chased the boys into various parts of the house and feed the bottomless pit aka Darcy all day. Everyone took naps... including me :)

Just before Matthew got home I was playing in the floor with the boys. Darcy wanted to watch Dora in her room so I put Dora on and walked back into the boys room.... next door. My mom called, we talked for maybe 2 minutes. I smelt a dirty diaper so I let her go. I picked up Jeremiah and realized it wasn't him. I heard Matthew drive up so I walked to the window and waved. He came up the stairs and said "what is that smell???" I said "I think its Jacob... unless its darcy but if its Darcy then she must really have a bad one for me to smell it in here." Well just as I got that out of my mouth he peeked into Darcy's room and found her COVERED in POOP!!!!! If I had thought about it I would have taken a picture but the site and smell of it was almost a repeat of this morning for me. And matthew was fighting off throwing up himself. She literally had her hands covered in it. It looked like she had been playing in a mud pit. Her hands squeeshed when she moved them... YUCK! When she saw us she started straight to her daddy with her hands held out for him to pick her up. Needless to say we had our hands full. Their was chunks of pooo in the tub. I had to scrub her, myself and the tub. Then I scrub the floor. It was H O R R I B L E!

For dinner tonight I was going to make Turkey burgers for Matthew. The only kind of turkey I could find was the kind that was wrapped in a tube like sausage. I'd never bought that kind before but I figured it would be okay. Well I was wrong. I put all the usual things in there but it was so soggy... or something. I was a job to cook those booogers... i mean burgers. The smoke alarm kept going off b/c there was something on the eye or either on the bottom of the pan. It was just crazy. Anyways we just finished our meal and I thought I'd tell ya about my day. Its only 7pm we've still got time for plenty more drama!!!!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

WOW!! That was like watching one of those Reality Shows on TV!!

Staci said...

wow-what a day. I am glad my friday was low key! Next time I think my hands are full- I will think of Darcy and her hands! LOL. I would rather be covered in paperwork than poo!
Love ya-

native-nc said...

I can TOTALLY relate to this story. Better you than me....I've had some fun ones lately but yours is tops for now!