Thursday, January 25, 2007

I have something exciting to tell you about....

some of my faithful readers may remember a while back I talked about friends and how we need to always make time for them. I told you guys about a friend of mine that I had grown up with named Melissa. Well to make a long story short we both got pretty busy and lost touch for several months. One night after watching a sad movie I decided I'd call her dad's house (her parents were divorced and she moved around a lot). I dialed the number and her step mother answered the phone. Turned out that Melissa had died a few months earlier in a car accident. I was devasted to say the least. That was 1999. Since that day I've thought about her a zillion times. I had so many unanswered questions.

Recently I had a friend tell me she'd found someone she'd gone to high school with by searching google. Right away I went to the computer and I was able to locate Melissa's family's website. I had tried many times before to search her but never went to google.com I emailed the only family member on that page that had an email address. Weeks went by and I heard nothing. Last night I checked my email and there was an email from Melissa's grandmother. She asked for my phone number and I immediately replied back. Just moments later she called and I was finally able after so many years to ask all the question I had wondered about.

I've talked to Granny Pearl today and I also recieved an email from Melissa's mom. I'm just sooooo thrilled to have finally found them. God is so good.

No comments: