Tuesday, January 23, 2007

9 month check ups

Yesterday my mom and I took the boys to their 9 month check up. We were the first appointment of the day (which I'll have to remember to do that again b/c that was the first time EVER that we got out of there under 2 hours!). The nurse that came in to weight the boys stunk like cigarette smoke. I wanted to say something to the doctor about it but my mom said to leave it alone. But seriously... if you're going to work in a CHILDRENS doctor's office and handle CHILDREN then you need to keep that in mind before you smoke a pack on the way to work. SHE STUNK!
Moving along ------> Anyways so Jacob and Jeremiah both weighted 23 lbs even and 30 inches long... except Jeremiah had an extra 1/2 inch to his length. I asked the doctor about baby foods b/c my boys dislike the stage 3's and I hadn't started them on the little treats that melt in their mouths. I thought I was a little behind with them. The doctor said that at 9 -10 months is the time to try the stage 3's and the treats so that made me feel better. I had also asked the doctor about bumps on their hands and when to be alarmed. Jacob had rammed his head into the cabinets and he had a huge knot. She gave me the whole spill about watching them for four hours and if they throw up I should be concerned. Well last night I went to Jessica's game and guess what happened????? Jacob fell out of his high chair on his head! Yep... so Matthew freaked out and called my mom who told him everything the doctor had said but he still ended up calling the after hours nurse just to make sure. And of course Jacob was/is fine.

No comments: