Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Very Proud Momma

I was able to go to Jessica's basketball game yesterday. It was in Montgomery. The last few games I've been able to go to she hasn't played. But yesterday she sat next to the coach. The game was very close and there was a lot of fouls. Jessica nudged her coach and said "I can take number 23.... she's the same size as me and I can take her!" Her coach said "okay then go get her!" It wasn't too long after her entering the game that she got the ball. --- One of her new years resolutions was that she was going to shoot b/c up until now she'd been too scared to shoot.--- With everything in her she jumped and shot... and she wasn't close but wasn't in the three point zone...
















IT WENT IN!!!! NOTHING BUT NET BABY!!!!

And the crowd went wild!!!!!! I was jumping up and down (I almost cried!!!) but I wasn't alone. Everyone was on their feet screaming!!!! Her coach was going crazy!!!! It was such an awesome moment that I hope to always remember. Her first basket! They ended up winning the game by only 3 points in overtime. It was a great game!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Congrats to Miss Jessica! And to you to Proud momma. :)

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!