Friday, May 29, 2009

I suck as a BFF!

Okay so I have some very embarrassing to share with you.... I FORGOT Tiff's birthday! I knew it was coming up but when the day actually got here I totally forgot. I called her yesterday to tell her how sorry I was.... she's a really good friend and we talk several times a week so for me to forget her b'day was really bad. I even talked to her on her b'day but totally didn't wish her a happy birthday! So I wanted to dedicate an entire post to Tiffany.

Past, Present and Future

I met Tiffany while at Master's Commission. To be honest I didn't like her (and I don't think she liked me either). But we hung out with the same group of friends and eventually we became friends too!

After we graduated she went home but we flew her out to visit me :) I remember we bought her a purple outfit. She had just gotten home from a missions trip and her hair was braided like a little black girl. LOL

I was a bridesmaid in her wedding.... Jessica was a flower girl. I took a picture of her peeing with her wedding gown pulled up around her head! If I could find that pic I'd soooo post it right now! I took a bite out of an apple decoration at her wedding reception... just for spite! LOL not Tiff of course... her grandmother :)

I've kept in touch with her all these years... 12 years I think. She's been there for me during my wild days... and she still loves me.

Now our families spend holidays together. Its amazing b/c there's only a few people that have stuck around this long and she's one of them. Its neat to watch our kids play together. And our husbands get along great (strange, i know lol).

I'm looking forward to family gatherings for many years to come. I'm looking forward to the day she calls me to tell me she's going to be a grandmother... although I think it will happen to me first :)

Thanks Tiffany for being such a good friend! I love you so much!!! I'm sorry I totally forgot your birthday!!!

2 comments:

native-nc said...

Thanks!!!! Your turn will be here soon~

Staci said...

When in dobut call me... Great post.
I know for a fact that Tiff didn't like you at first. I remember being mad when you guys became friends. I wanted you to be friends with JUST me. I was so selfish. I think I have that picture of her peeing- If I ever move from my moms and unpack boxes I will be sure to look for that picture to post.

I'm glad we are all still friends. Means so much. My MC friends are still closer to me then any of my childhood friends- or high school friends. Even since I moved back home, my HS friends just aren't the same as they were before!