Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Productive

I'm trying to get my house back to normal but I'm having a hard time finding places to store all of the kids Christmas presents. They got several things that need to be stored in bins and kept away from them unless they are being monitored. And I really need to go through the stuff they already had and sort through it. I know they have lots of pieces to different things that need to be thrown away. I'm hoping to tackle their room in the next few days. I would like to paint it, put some shelves in their closets and really fix it up for them. Its the only bedroom that hasn't been 'done' since we've moved in here. I want their room to be a fun place to play. They've just started playing in there and I love not having so many toys in my den! I would like to paint their closet with the chalk board stuff and put glow in the dark stars all over the walls and celin. I have lots of great ideas but finding the time and money is where I have issues. I'm going to not really do a 'theme' per say but I am going to use dinosaurs. Just not the whole bed in a bag deal.

Any cool suggestions?

4 comments:

Jen said...

I think it is a great idea and have thought about doing that in Corban's room when he gets a little older. If you look on babysteals.com they have a tree chalkboard thing that you can hang on the wall. I have a friend that did the chalkboard paint thing..... She said it was a nightmare and ended up costing alot of money and time. But then again you may know what you are doing....

Anonymous said...

i really like your new layout...but it hurts my eyes!

~Crystal~ said...

They also have the chalkboard stuff at Home Depot that has magnet stuff in it. Once you paint with it, they can play with magnets on it. That would be fun! There is also white board paint.

There is are so many ideas all over the internet, just go searching!

Jen said...

The magnet thing sounds neat too!!!