Tuesday, October 02, 2007

You tell me...

Sunday while we were out side a TINY little puppy came to our fence trying to get in. Eventually we brought the puppy inside our fence b/c we didn't want anything to happen to it. It looks like a Jack Russell mix... its really small. Jessica and Zac knocked on a few doors asking if it belonged to anyone but no luck. So we decided to hold on to it until we could find the owner. Later that night I was getting something out of my car when I heard a neighbor calling for it. I asked him if it was his and he said yes... i told him that we had it all day b/c we didn't know who it belonged to and we were afraid something would happen to it. He didn't say Thank You or anything.

Yesterday, the dog finds a way into our backyard. Jessica knocked on their door but no one was home. So the dog spent the entire day at our house. We'd put it outside of the gate and it would reappear. Last night Jessica took it home and told the folks it had gotten in our gate. Again... nothing from them.

This morning I hear this high pitch barking... The dog is on my back porch INSIDE my gate again!!!! What am I supposed to do???? This is a really small puppy. And normally I wouldn't care but b/c people tend to fly down our road its just not safe. Why would they buy a brand new puppy and leave it outside all day???? I don't understand? Why not kennel it or put it on a leash or something????? I really don't like the fact that it keeps getting into my yard but there's nothing I can do... its a puppy... they dig and tear up things... I really want this dog to stay at his own house but I don't really want to cause any problems with the neighbors. Any suggestions????

2 comments:

Eric said...

Matt probably needs to take it home the next time and talk to the guy and explain that you are fearful that it might get hit by a car if it keeps crossing the road.
Sounds like rude neighbors anyways since they do not say Thank you or anything.

~Crystal~ said...

I don't know what to do. I would keep the puppy in my yard, since they are careless.