Monday, October 22, 2007

Busy Weekend

We left for Elamville Friday morning but had to stop by the health department for a quick -HA- visit. The kids did GREAT on the way there and back. On the way there I stopped at the outlet store just below Montgomery on Hwy 231. I had always wanted to stop but we've never had time. Its a Sikes & Kohn outlet. I'm not sure what Sikes & Kohn is but the place has a lot of shoes, jeans, camo and hats. I went in by myself and picked up a few things for Christmas but before I could stop Matthew he had everything pulled out. It was mostly stuff for him! LOL. On the way back home we stopped again and this time we both went in. We had headed out earlier by ourselves and left the little ones with his dad. He met us an hour later to swap out vehicles.

The visit was good. Matthew's aunt and uncle came up from Florida. His great Aunt Helen is the reason we went down. She's my favorite! She's 86 years old or in her words 86 years young. She's a mess! But she's getting older and she's slowing down. Lately she's been talking about when she's gone. She's not sick... she's just old. I don't have any grandparents that I'm close to and I guess I kinda think of her as like a grandmother. She's lived a lot of life and she has a lot of stories about it! I've been trying to talk her into moving up here for a few years now. She says she will but she hasn't. She's married and he's in fairly good health so I guess they'll stay where they're at. She doesn't have any kids but she treats us like her grandkids. I wish she was closer.

Lets move on... something more cheerful! I can't think of anything - sorry!

I have to work 3 nights this week. I'm looking forward to it though b/c Darcy's b'day is Nov 16th and we have several things in mind... not to mention Christmas is just around the corner. Hopefully this will be the best Christmas ever!

Well I'd better go... I haven't done anything today and the kids are about to wake up!

No comments: