Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Another Freecycle Idiot

Here's the first email sent out to freecycle from this lady

I have 40+ pieces of clothing including track suits, dresses,sleepers, pants and tops. These range from play to very goodcondition and most pieces are suitable for the colder weatherapproaching, but there are also some spring/summer clothes included.Pick up is in Alabaster.

I replied...
I have a little girl that would love the new clothes. I try and buy a lotof things off of ebay but always anything free is better when you have FOURkids to clothe. I can pick up in Alabaster this afternoon if you still havethem available. Thanks!

The next email sent out to the group was hers saying...
TAKEN PPU
Thank you for your responses! These clothes have been promised pending pick up. If it falls through, I will contact the next thatresponded.Thank you!

Then the next email I get from her is...
Hi. I was just wondering if you were still planning to come this afternoonto pick up these clothes. Thank you

So I reply...
You never replied to my email. The next email I got from you was to the entire group saying they've been taken PPU. I had no idea that I was the first to respond. I've alredy been to Alabaster today but can pick them up tomorrow if thats okay.

Did I miss something here???? Am I stupid???? C'mon!

4 comments:

Staci said...

I know I get upset with Freecycle. We had a huge fall out with our local group. The admin finally quit becuase people were being hateful to her. It was so dumb.

native-nc said...

Freecycle brings out the idiot in people. Mention anything FREE & it's on. I posted ONE thing ONCE. The lady came a day early, I hadn't gotten a shower yet & it was time to get ready for church. I doubt I'll ever post anything again. The IDEA is great b/c we all have stuff we want to get rid of but don't want to take the time & take it to Goodwill. At the same time it's time consuming trying to coordinate pick up! OH well. Such is life!

Vickie said...

I posted a bed once and I went back and forth with the woman that was to come get it for over two weeks before she finally came and got it because she couldn't find anyone to pick it up for her.
If I didn't have a way to pick something up, I wouldn't respond to it.

Eric said...

So, do you want some seasoning?
I will be home Saturday until about 3pm. I can tell you where I live. Jennifer will be back sometime around noon from a game. Let me know so I can get some and take it home with me tomorrow. Let me know. My email is bombaboy22@yahoo.com