Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pigs or Dogs

That is the question...

Matthew wants to get the children a dog so they can grow up together. The other night somehow a pot bellied pig was mentioned. I did some research but I'm not sold on the idea. I found some conflicting info about PBP's... like some say their mini PBP's but other's say there's no such thing. Some say they only get anywhere from 60lbs to 150lbs and others say they are 150lbs to 175lbs. If I were to get one I'd one a very small one. The good thing about PBP's is they don't shed and bark! Do you or someone you know have (or had) a PBP? If so, please give me your advice... and this includes you MIKEY! I know you had one or 10 at one time ;)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I saw one at the pet shop at Patton Creek called Wags to Riches. He was very cute. I think he was $100 or something. But I don't know anything about them other than they are PIGS!! I wouldn't be sold on either pet until my kids were out of diapers. But that is just me! I won't even consider it until Bryant is potty trained! :)

Anonymous said...

An old boyfriend of mine's sister had one. It started out small and got big. She eventually ended up getting rid of it as it got out of control. Somehow the "real" pigs are never like Arnold from Green Acres!

Mel said...

My best friend (the one who I always talk about on xanga) had one while we were growing up. They owned a small house right next to theirs and he lived in there....he was awesome!!! His name was bacon and it was always so fun to go over there because "shoot" everyone has a dog!!

Mel said...

oh yea- he never got real big

~Crystal~ said...

I have always wanted a pot bellied pig. I hope to have one someday. They are incredibly intelligent. And some don't get too big. Not any bigger than a Golden Retriever. But you know how I feel about doggies. So either would be good.