Monday, November 06, 2006

A friend in need

Matthew and I have a very dear friend who has Cystic Fibrosis. His name is Rocky and he's 32 years old. If you know anything about this disease than you probably know you rarely reach adulthood. Rocky spends weeks out of the year in the hospital for various reasons. His condition is getting worse. He's at UAB right now and He thinks this is the end. He has a wife and a step son who are fighting this battle with him. He needs our prayers right now. I talked with his wife today and she asked me if we could send some letters and pictures to him for encouragement. I thought it would be really neat if I could get others to do the same. She wants to fill the walls in his hospital room with encouragment. So if you would like to contribute please send it to:



Attn: Rocky Gillespie

Jefferson Towers Rm 302

619 19th Street S

Birmingham, AL 35249

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I went to school with Rocky. Even rode the same bus as him for a while. He's 2 years older than me. I will keep him and his family in my thoughts.