Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Prayer needed

Most of you know by now that Reba lost her husband Danny to cancer on Saturday. You also know that my family is very close to Reba. It has been really hard seeing her like this and I'm asking that you all pray for her. Like really pray... not just say "I'm praying" I can't imagine what her and his kids are going through. He left behind 2 children, Katie 18 and Taylor 14... their mom passed away years ago from cancer also. Its not fair... its not fair that those kids lost both parents. Its not fair that Reba is burying her husband today. I'm angry and sad. My heart aches in ways that it hasn't before. I don't know what lies ahead but I know its going to be tough. Most of the time we go to funerals and pay our respects... we might even follow up with a phone call. But soon after we return to our normal lives.... Their lives will never be normal again.

Take time to let your family know how much you love them and appreciate them.

3 comments:

Staci said...

count on me, to really pray. Please pray for my friend Dawn who's sister died yesterday unexpectingly

~Crystal~ said...

I've been thinking alot about them....I will continue to pray.

Denise said...

Oh Nicole I am so sorry to hear that. I really like Reba! I will keep her in my prayers. I know how hard it is to lose a dad and how hard it was for my mom.